Peak Sports Physio is happy to provide a full rehabilitation service to patients who are having orthopedic surgery, from pre-operative assessment, inpatient management at St Andrews, and rehabilitation following discharge including home visits and outpatient care.
Some of the procedures we provide rehabilitation for include:
- Total knee and hip replacements.
- Shoulder reconstructions/repair.
- Back surgery.
- Knee surgery and reconstructions.
Post-Op orthopaedic rehabilitation aims to:
- Increase a patient’s joint range of movement.
- Increase muscle strength.
- Improve balance, mobility and independence in activities of daily living, work and sport.
Depending on the type of surgery, and the patient’s capacity to heal, recovery can take up to three or four months during which time the patient and physiotherapist work together to achieve the best possible result.